Under the Program Manager’s supervision, the Recreation Leader will be responsible for planning and implementing educational and recreational activities for school-age children. The Recreation Leader must ensure the development and safety of these children and adhere to the Northeast Youth Center’s policies and procedures. The Recreation Leader must be able to lead-by-example utilizing quality core values daily while demonstrating a respectful posture to the children, parents, staff and the community they serve.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Plan, implement and supervise school-aged youth/teens in a fast-paced program.
- Maintain records for attendance, permission waivers and activity information.
- Drive within all policies & procedures of the State of Washington & city requirements in the best interest and safety of the patrons daily.
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
- Provide various experiences and activities for children including songs, games and story telling
- Build children’s esteem and be able to comfort children when needed
- Ensure daily that equipment and facilities are clean, safe and well maintained.
- Follow routines and provide positive guidance
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable
- Implement positive discipline when required
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
- Promote literacy and early education
- Follow proper closing procedures when needed
- Assist in duties as assigned by Executive Director /or Core Team.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- $17.00 hr. IMMEDIATE Part-Time AND Full-time positions available. Must be 21yrs+ with previous youth experience.
- Pre-Employment Post-Offer, criminal history/child abuse information check, including Department of Early Learning Portable Background Check clearance prior to employment.
- Pre-Employment tuberculin skin test; First Aide/CPR & Valid Food Handlers Permit
- Completed NEYC application, Cover letter & resume addressing your qualifications as applied to the responsibilities of the position.
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) character references.
- Valid Driver’s License; First Aide/ CPR desired. EOE
Northeast Youth Center, 3004 E. Queen Ave., Spokane, WA 99217 509.482.0708