The NEYC Staff and Board of Directors
Board of Directors
The Northeast Youth Center is very fortunate to have an outstanding board governing this organization. Board members come from different businesses and sectors across the community and share their expertise in a variety of areas. All board members play a critical role in developing strategic plans to continue moving this organization forward.
2019 Board Officers
President: Roed Freeland, Assistant Principal for Spokane School District, member since 2007. Also services on the Development, Finance Committee & Personnel Committee.
Vice President: Steve Corker, Executive Vice President Futurepast: Inc., Adjunct Faculty at Gonzaga University School of Business, member since 2005. Also services on the Development & Finance Committees.
Secretary: Celena Breach, Teacher Spokane Public Schools, member since 2013, Personnel & Fundraising Committee.
2019 Board Members
- Cami Hanson: COO of Career Path Services, member since 2012, Personnel Committee.
- Hal McGlathery: Retired Spokane Parks & Recreation Dept. Division Manager (Secured funding grant & City sponsorship of center), member since 2004. Also services on the Development & Finance Committee.
- Donna Fagan: Preschool Special Ed Instructional Assistant, member since 2005, Development & Finance Committees.
- Ed Bowers: Retired City Accountant, member since 2013, Finance Committee.
- Kent Wales: CEO of Happy Laundry and Dry Cleaning, member since 2011, Development & Finance Committees.
- Milton Rowland: Attorney at Foster Pepper PLLC, member since 2013, Development Committee.
- Doris Campoverde: Community Member, Joined the board in 2017, Fundraising Committee.
- Chris Gunning: Vice President for Commercial Banking at First Interstate Bank, Joined the board in 2017, Development & Finance Committee.
- Dawn Hiebert: Teacher for CV District, Joined the board in 2017, Fundraising Committee.
- Eva Ward: Branch Manager at Wells Fargo, Joined the board in 2018, Fundraising Committee.
- Ivan Ward: Owner/Operator Express Spa Repair, Joined the board in 2018, Fundraising Committee.
Kate Green, Executive Director
Kate came to the Northeast Youth Center in 2001 working as a recreation leader. In 2006 she became the bookkeeper and in 2012 became the executive director. She has over 13 years’ experience working with the Northeast Youth Center in a variety of areas including, marketing, finance, fundraising, grant writing and administration.
Rachael Whitney, Office Manager
Rachael returned to the Northeast Youth Center in 2018 after taking a few years off to pursue a massage therapy career. She started with the center in 2005 and we are happy to have her back in the office!
Ray Anderson, Maintenance Manager –Ray joined the youth center in 2000 as a recreation leader. In 2010 he became the maintenance manager.
Brandon Harrison, Program Manager- Brandon joined our team in 2016. He is helping to grow our school age program and our community outreach.
Rida Grant, Preschool Head Teacher- Rida joined our team in 2017 and has done an outstanding job transforming our preschool program.